The ability to take in a complete breath through their Respimat inhaler is very important for asthma and COPD patients. If the breath is not full, the medicine may not reach the small airways of the lungs and thus, may not give immediate relief to respiratory symptoms.
Like most Metered Dose Inhalers (MDIs) Respimat requires hand and breath coordination and the patients need to learn the Slow and Deep breathing techniques for effective drug delivery.
How to Inhale
The main objective of How to Inhale app is to teach the correct Slow and Deep breathing technique that is required for Respimat inhaler. Getting the actuation timing right is also essential for medicine to travel along with your inhaled breath and reach your lungs for immediate relief. Holding your breath for the right amount of time will ensure medicine gets time to settle in the small airways of your lungs and is most effective.
The How to Inhale app for Respimat will teach you to:
- Synch your breath with a real instructor to help you gain control on your inhaling
- Practice this technique using a webcam *
- Improve your Slow and Deep inhaling technique and inhale the medicine correctly from your Respimat inhaler
- Do this anytime, anywhere and on any device you may be using, and all at your own pace
- Ensure you get the right dose next time you use your Respimat.
*The Practice mode of the app is only available in the In-depth Training.
The How to Inhale app is divided into multiple steps and is led by an instructor. Additional on-screen visual and audio cues like breath-bar, pressing of Respimat and hold breath timers are gradually introduced step-wise for effective learning of the technique.
Step 1: Breathe Slow and Deep with a breath-bar and audio cue.
Step 2: Practice the correct timing of pressing your inhaler
Step3: Learn holding your breath after inhaling
Step4: Learn the technique only with the audio cue
Watch the How to Inhale demo video below to learn the steps leading to a correct breathing technique:
Want to see yourself practice the Slow and Deep breathing along with the instructor? The In-depth training offers you this and much more.
- Learn to How to Inhale and How to Use Inhaler correctly.
- Practice with your device camera.
- Retain correct technique with better medical outcomes.
- Save your time and cost.